Ring Wifi Enabled Video Doorbell / Video surveillance camera.
In this article, we will be reviewing the Ring Wifi Enabled Video Doorbell.
As seen on television.
This video surveillance camera doorbell hybrid has had massive television advertising coverage of late.
You have probably seen the advert where the delivery man rings the doorbell. Then the Home Owner sees who is at the door on her smartphone. She asks the delivery driver to leave the parcel on her doorstep, even though she isn’t at home. This is great in a perfect world but where I live that parcel would be gone by the time I got home.
Anyhow, the advertisement clearly shows some of the major features of the Ring Wifi Enabled Doorbell.
- When someone rings the doorbell, you can receive a video alert on your smartphone.
- The video is related in HD quality.
- The system features two-way audio to you to relay a message to whoever is at the door.
How it works
So, let’s take a look at some of the technical specifications of the system.
First of all the system works on Wifi. This means you do not have to drill through your door frame to fit the doorbell.
The doorbell itself is extremely easy to fit. You even get a set of instructions and toolkit to aid fitting.
Also, you can choose from a number of different coloured doorbell covers to match your door and frame. Venetian Bronze, Polished Brass, Antique Brass and Satin Nickel.
The system itself lets you answer the door from anywhere you feel like. Whether you’re on vacation halfway across the world, or just too busy to answer the door, Ring lets you see, hear and speak to the person at your door from the comfort of your smartphone, tablet (android, iOS)or PC (windows 10.)
Viewing of pictures/Video from the doorbell is available via the free Ring App. From this App, you will be able to configure various Security control zones.
The Doorbell allows pictures /Video to be captured. Images:-1280 x 720 CMOS. The Field of View is 180°, Video: HD (720p) @ 30 fps. The system needs to be wired to relay Video.
Free Cloud Video Recording Trial
You also get a free trial to Cloud Video Recording, which lets you review, save and share videos captured by Ring.
A number of motion detection sectors can be set up to detect motion. A wind chime alert is sent to you when motion is detected. An audible doorbell noise sounds when the doorbell is pressed. These are not changeable.
Free lifetime replacement Doorbell
In the event your Ring Video Doorbell gets stolen, Ring will replace it free of charge. This Is a lifetime guarantee. You can set the Doorbell to record. Therefore, there would be Video evidence of whoever stole it.
- Wide-angle HD video recording
- LED Infra-red Night Vision.
- Smart Motion-activated Alerts.
- Wi-Fi Compatible- no cords
- View pictures/video on your Mobile.
- Works in bad weather.
- Lifetime Purchase Protection.
- Cloud recording
- Easy to Install.
- Fully Rechargeable battery.
- Weight 1 pound
- Power :Dual-Power. Line voltage from existing doorbell wiring or built-in 5200mah Li-On battery
- 0.9 x 2.4 x 5 inches
- Video: Sensor: 1280 x 720 CMOS, Field of View: 180°, Video: HD (720p) @ 30 fps
- Audio: Two-way talk with noise cancellation
- Guarantee: 1 year warranty on manufacturer’s defects
- Wifi: 2.4 ghz
- The Ring Wifi Enabled Video Doorbell enables you to view and speak to anyone at your door from wherever you are via smartphone, tablet or pc
- You can check-in with the system at any time.
- It’s easy to install and features HD cloud recording.
- Unable to customise the different alert tones.
- You need to subscribe to their alert cloud service. Although, this is currently just $3 per month or $30 annually.
- The camera can be too sensitive and therefore take images of passing animals
So, here are our thoughts on the Ring Wireless Video Doorbell. The product is well-designed with a choice of fascia plates. It is fairly easy to set up. It comes with an instruction manual and tools to install it. The camera sends images wirelessly or video and images when wired. Subsequently, this is received by smartphone, tablet or PC. You’re then subsequently able to talk to your visitor by two way audio. Pictures are stored in the Cloud application (subscription required.)
The picture and video quality are crisp and of high definition quality. The Ring Wifi Enabled Video Doorbell provides a good addition to your home security systems. It is reliable and of a high quality.
Finally, we would, therefore, recommend this product as it offers an excellent way to deal with visitors when you’re away from home or too busy to go to the door.